In order to meet our equality duties, Governors:
- identify groups of pupils not making expected progress and make plans to support them
- ensure that all groups are represented across the school community and in the resources and activities we use within and outside the curriculum
- monitor pupil attendance and identify and support groups who have poor attendance
- deal with bullying incidents effectively and track children who have been a victim of this, identifying any over represented groups
- aim to reduce the use of homographic language by older pupils
- aim to close the gap between the achievements of pupil premium children and their peers
- create opportunities for social, moral and cultural development within the curriculum for learning about diversity in terms of disability, equality, culture, religion and heritage
- ensure that the contributions of different groups are represented and that prejudice is reduced through our teaching and resources such as books, posters, websites
- support pupils with SEND throughout the school by training specialist LSA's and providing equipment to support learning
- as an inclusive school, seek to embrace all children in learning together
- together with the School Leadership team, regularly review the equality objectives to ensure they are embedded and effective.
Click here to review the Fremington Primary School statutory policies.