Vacancy - School Business Manager
Location Beechfield Road, Fremington, Barnstaple, Devon EX31 3DD
Pupils on Roll 401
Salary details Grade F £13.72 - £15.94 per hour
Job term Permanent
Hours 37 hours per week, 44 weeks per annum
Closing Date Friday 20 July 2018 at 12 noon
Interview date 23 July 2018
This is an exciting opportunity for a new School Business Manager, working as part of the SLT in a happy and successful school. In this role you will provide strategic direction and operational management for the non-curriculum management functions of our school. As a member of the senior leadership team you will be fully involved in the running of the school and responsible for many aspects of finance, personnel, safeguarding, premises and health & safety, as well as leading a skilled and dedicated staff team.
We have a stable and supportive staff team, a growing school in a beautiful location, and a healthy budget. Our recent Ofsted inspection (2017) confirms that we are a good school and provide an excellent climate for learning.
Staff form a supportive and friendly team who all contribute towards making Fremington a very successful school. Our children are well-behaved and staff enjoy working in our aspirational, happy and inclusive ethos. We are looking for someone who will be ambitious for themselves and for the school, who is passionate about their role, and who brings wisdom, experience and dedication.
You will have a strong background in school finance and administration and will be a great communicator and role model. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and proactive individual to fulfil the role within the school leadership team. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent financial, literacy, and I.T. skills, and have the ability to lead a team effectively. A relevant professional qualification such as CSBM would be desirable. If you have attention to detail, are able to prioritise your workload, meet deadlines, and inspire your team we would be keen to hear from you.
We look forward to receiving your application form and we welcome visits. Please telephone the school office to arrange this.
The successful candidate will have:
• budget management, monitoring, and financial reporting experience;
• ability to prioritise workloads and work well under pressure delivering to tight deadlines;
• a highly professional attitude demonstrating discretion and confidentiality;
• proven skills and abilities of successful leadership, and managing staff;
• a recognised School Business Manager qualification (or willingness to work towards one);
• integrity, stamina, and a sense of humour;
exceptional interpersonal skills and team skills at a senior level; the ability to influence.
In return we offer:
• highly motivated, well-behaved children who enjoy coming to school;
• a strong team of dedicated staff who are committed to maintaining high standards;
• a supportive and friendly Governing Body committed to continuing school improvement;
• leadership support and professional development opportunities.
An application form can be downloaded from the link below.
Return your completed application by noon on the closing date, Friday 20 July, to:
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by the end of day on the closing date. Interviews will take place on Monday morning, 23 July.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and Disqualification by Association Declaration is required for this vacancy.